My dad born and bought in malaysia, took us to Batu Caves in Selangor 15 km north of Kuala Lumpur during Thaipusam day, I was surprised to see so many tamilians with kavadi and playing drums and offering their sincere prayers, to be frank i was thinking diwali is the festival that is more popular among hindus, but when i saw this one, i felt that i was wrong. Here is the Pic of the Lord Karthikeya.
Thaipusam, which falls in the month January or February each year, to be precise on Thai month[Tamil] and pusam star, This is a day of penance and thanksgiving for Hindus.
Fasting for Thai Pusam:
- Waking up early morning, taking bath.
- Perform pooja and Aarthi in presence of lord murga.
- Observe vegetarian diet through out the day.
- Again performing pooja in the evening at home and visiting temple.
- Mediate by chanting the name of lord muruga and your wishes will be fulfilled.
Thai Pusam at my home:
- I clean my pooja room and kitchen.
- Morning for pooja i prepared some sweet[I prepared semiya - jivarisi Payasam] and offered it to lord.
- Performed aarthi and chanted Lord name for 101 times
- I sung Kadhar Shasthi kavam[Song in praise of Lord Murga].