Rava Upma is one of most popular breakfast in south india. It gives you a great filling in the morning, very nutritious diet too. You can enjoy with dish with sugar. Can be served for all ages right from kids.
- Rava / Sooji -1 cup
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Broken Urad dal - 1/2 tsp
- Hing - Pinch
- Cashews - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 1 string
- Finely chopped onion - 1
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Corriander leaves - for garnish
- Oil - for sauting
- Dry roast rava for 2 min
- Remove it from heat and keep it aside
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in kadai, add mustard seeds, once it splutters, add urad dal,cumin seeds,hing,curry leaves,cashews.
- Add the finely chopped onion, add salt to taste and saute till onion gets cooked
- Now add 2 glass of water, once the water boils.
- Add the roasted rava to this, mix well with water.
- Keep the flame in medium, cook this closed.
- Between keep stiring it then and there.
- Once all the water evaporated rava will be cooked
- Switch off the gas, close the pan and let it remain for 5 min
- Garnish with corriander leaves
Serve this hot with coconut chutney or sambhar.