This is an authetic dish, i adapted from my grandma. I made of list of recipes my son - sonu likes. He is very much excited and waiting everyday for his special dishes. I would like to thank pritya for conducting such wonderful contest Cooking for kids with Love
This recipe is also called as Thoopam in some towns of tamilnadu. Generally this recipe is made on any celebration.
Suzhiyam for sweet sonu
For Inner Stuffing:
- Grated cocunut 1 cup
- Jaggery 1 cup
- Cardamom 1tsp
- maida 1cup
- Salt - Pinch
- Water - required
- dissolve jaggery in 1cup water and filter.
- then boil this and add grated cocunut ,cardamom.
- Keep stiring it till it reaches a consistency to make balls
- Don't over cook it then the balls will become hard.
- mix maida,salt and water to make semi thick batter[Just like dosa batter]