This recipe i got from a temple pujari, in chennai. They serve this rice to people visit this Vishnu temple on thrusdays. I really enjoy this whenever i go there, i am happy to share with with you all.
I am happy to publish my Final entry for Kids - event - Milk contest, initiated by sharmi and conducted by preety.
- Rice - 1/2 cup
- Thick Curd - 1 cup
- Butter - 3 tsp
- Grated Ginger - 1 tsp
- Green chillies - chopped 4
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Sesame oil - 4 tsp
- Grated raw mango - 1 tsp
- Pressure cook the rice, leave 4 to 5 whistles, the rice have to smashed to semi paste along with salt.
- Now add the butter to it mix well.
- Now mix the curd and ginger with this paste.
- Heat the seasame oil, once the oil is hot add mustard seeds,once it splutters
- add greenchillies, some cashews nuts saute it and add to the mixture
- Garnish with grated mango.
Enjoy it with pickle or vattal milagai.