I love this dish with rasam sadam. I always get this from one of the road side shop near my home. They prepare it very cripsy, I have mentioned how to get this pakoda cripsy, I believe you will all love this recipe, try it and enjoy.
- Besan/ Gram Flour - 1/2 cup
- Rice flour - 1/4 cup
- Baking soda -pinch
- Onion - 2 mediumsize - Thinly sliced length wise
- Green chillies - 4 - Thinly sliced length wise
- Ginger - 1/2 inch - Thinly sliced length wise
- Curry leaves - Chopped fine
- Corriander leaves - Chopped fine
- Cashews roasted - optional [just to make it more rich]
- Oil for frying
- Mix all the above mentioned ingredients except for oil to make a dry mixture
- When to try to hold a part of it, they should stick to each other
- If you feel the mixture is very dry, just sprinkle water - 2 drops
- The mixture should be absoultely dry.
- Once you are done with the mixing.
- Heat oil in a big tawa, as you are going to deep fry it, add enough of oil to the tava.
- Once the oil in hot, add just 2 tsp of oil from the tava and add to the mixture, by doing this your pakoda will be more crisp.
- Now just break the flour into small pieces and fry till golden brown.
Serve it hot with chilli sos.