Prepared this for MahaSivarathri
· Black chick peas – 1 cup Soak for around 5 hours
· Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
· Broken urad dal – 1 tsp
· Tumeric powder – a pinch
· Coconut powder / Grated Powder– 1 tsp
· Curry leaves – 1 string
· Hing – pinch
· Oil – 1tsp
· Pressure cook black chick peas for 4 whistles with 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
· Heat oil in the pan, add mustard seeds once it splutters, add urad dal,hing ,turmeric powder and curry leaves
· Now add the cooked black peas, sauté for min
· Check for salt, if required, add some.
· Finally add the coconut powder, mix well and your sundal is ready.
Offer it to almighty and pray for world peace and prosperity.
This chaat looks yumm... I am always crazy for cha... - This chaat looks yumm... I am always crazy for chaat and used to hang out at gangothri everytime for these. Yours looks yummm.. Will surely try it out. G...
7 years ago