- Ripe tomatoes - 6 chopped
- Oil - 5 tsp
- Coconut grated - 2 tsp
- Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Saunf/Sombhu - 1 tsp
- Dry red chillies - 2[ according to your spice]
- Khus khus/kasa kasa - a pinch
- Grind all the ingredients specified under "Fresh grind" to a fine paste and keep it aside
- Heat oil in the kadai, add the chopped tomotoes, with required salt.
- Keep the flame in lower medium, close and cook for 3 min
- The tomotoes should be totally mushy, once you reach this stage
- Add the ground masala, with 1/4 cup of water
- Allow it boil in lower medium flame, till the raw smell goes off.
- If you feel the gravy is too tangy, add pinch of sugar, this will remove the tanginess.
This goes well with rice,chappati,dosa and idli.