- Yellow squash/Suraikai - 2 nos - chopped
- Onion - 1 finely chopped
- Tomato - 2 finely chopped
- Moong dal - Cooked 1/4 cup
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Red chillies - 3 nos
- Hing - 1 pinch
- Tumeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 2tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 string
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a pan.
- Once the oil the hot, add mustard seeds,urad dal,hing,red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add the chopped onions, once they are transparent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and salt, cook till they are mushy.
- Now add the Chopped Squash, add 1/4 cup of water, close and cook for 10 min
- Once you see the squash is cooked well, add the cooked moong dal.
- Allow it to boil for 3 min.
- Serve it with Cooked white rice.
Goes well with any Kara Kuzhambhu varieties.