Poori Urundai/Karthikai Deepam Recipes
- Poori/Puffed rice - 2 cups
- Powdered jaggery - 1 cup
- Chukku /Dried ginger- ½ tsp
- Cardamom powder - ¾ tsp
- Heat 3/4 cup of water in a kadai, once the water boils
- Add the powdered jaggery to it
- Make a thick consistency of the jaggery
- Try pouring a pinch of boiling jaggery mixture in water, it should be solid shape
- If this happens, your jaggery mixture is ready
- Now add cardamom powder,dry ginger powder and mix well
- Keep in the flame in lower medim, add the puffed rice to the mixture
- Mix well and switch of the gas
- Make mediun sized balls out the mixture when it is warm.
Sweet Puffed rice balls are ready for Puja.