- Idiyappam flour or rice flour - 1cup
- salt - pinch
- grated cocunut - 4tsp
- onion - 1
- green chilly - 2
- tumeric powder
- mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- urad dal - 1 tsp
- gram dal - 1 tsp
- curry leaves - 1 string
- Hing - pinch
- coriander leaves - chopped 1 tsp
- lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Mix 1 cup of rice flour or idiyappam flour with required warm water and salt.
- Knead into smooth dough.
- Apply little oil inside the idiyappa achu.
- Put a small quantity of dough into the “idiyappa achu" and press it on the idly plate.
- Steam this in idly cooker for 8-10 minutes.
- Heat oil in kadai
- Add mutard seeds,gram dal, green chilly, curry leaves,hing and saute
- Add onion tumeric powder and salt fry for 5 mins.
- Now add idiyappam (split it finely) mix well, cook for 5 mins
- add 1tsp lemon juice.~garnish with coriander leaves.~Spicy idiyappam ready