- par boiled rice - 1 cup
- chana dal - 1/4 cup
- moong dal - 1/4 cup
- Tour dal - 1/4 cupurad dal - 1/4 cup
- red chillies - 6g
- reen chillis - 3 (chillis according to your taste)
- cumin seeds - 1 teasp
- asafoetida - pinch
- chopped onion - 1 cup
- grated carrot - 1 cup (u can use cabbage also)
- grated cocunut - 4tbsp
- coriander leaves - chopped
- curry leaves
- Soak dal and rice for 2-3 hours.
- Grind chilies, cumin seeds first,then add rice and dal asafetida, salt and grind in to coarse batter.
- then mix with chopped onion coriander leaves, mix well. (if u want fry onion & carrot for 5 mins with 1tsp oil and add.) (you can use young drumstick leaves or spinach instead of coriander leaves and also a few curry leaves )
- Heat tawa and grease with little oil pour the adai batter like utthappam. (if u want thin and crunchy adai pour like dosai).
- Now top with some more chopped onions and grated carrot sprinkle 1 tea sp oil on it and turn the other side and roast light brown color
- then serve hot with aviyal or coconut chutney and jaggery or with spicy onion chutney~Adai ready.
For adai aviyal is the best combination, Click here to see Aviyal receipe