Vegetable Kurma - Saravana bhavan Style
Ground following ingredients to a fine paste
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1tso khasa khasa/khus khus -Poppy seeds
- one table spoon saunf
- shredded onion 1/2 cup
- diced tomato one cup
- three green chillies
- one tablespoon cashews
- one medium piece of ginger
- Half onion into long fine strips
- half tomato - Chopped
- Mixed vegetables -1 cup
- In a kadai, take two table spoons of oil, add bayleaves then jeera and little saunf and tumeric powder - Do tadka with these.
- add one teaspoon garam masala and then fry the onion till brown.
- Now add tomatoes and when they turn soft.
- Now add the mixed vegetables [I choose to add peas,cauliflower,potatoes and beans]
- Add some 1/2 glass of water and close the pan and cook the vegetables till soft.
- add the ground paste and salt and allow it to boil, it takes around 20 minutes for the raw smell to go.
- You see oil separation from kurma
- Now garnish with corriander leaves
Serve with Parotas, This dish is from famous south indian restaruant - Saravanabhavan.