Kadalai Paruppu/Channa Dal - 200 gms
Green chillies - 2 nos
Dried Red chilli - 2 nos
onion - 1 finely chopped
Curry leaves - 1 string
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Cinnamom sticks - 4[inch size]
Saunf - 1 tsp
corriander leaves - 1 handfull chopped
Oil for frying
1.Soak channa dal for 5 hours
2.Drain water for channa dal. Totally drain it
3. Add saunf,cinnamom sticks,red chillies and channa dal in a blender
4. grind it to coarse mixture. don't grind it into a fine paste
5. Add chopped onion,green chillies chopped,cumin seeds and corriander leaves to the mixture
6. Now just test the consistency my pressing the mixture in ur hand
7. If it is remains solid then ur consistency is perfect
8. Else adjust by adding bengal gram flour little bit, just to get the consistency
9. Now add 2 tsp of hot oil to the mixture.
10. Make small vadas out of the mixure.
11. Heat oil in a pan, add 3 to 4 vadas at a time in the oil.
12. Deep fry them. Remove them from oil once they are golden in color
13. Serve hot
Excellent for Evening tiffen with Ginger tea.
Friday, October 17, 2008