Palak/Spinach - 1 bunch [washed and cut into pieces]
Toor dal - 150 gms [ cooked ]
Onion - 1 finely chopped
Tomato - 2 finely chopped
Dry red chilles - 3
Hing - Pinch
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
tumeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Ghee - 2 tsp
Salt - Taste
- Wash and cook toor dal. keep it aside
- Keep ghee in a kadai, once it is hot add Mustard seeds,cumin seeds,dry chillies hing and tumeric powder
- Now add the chooped onion, fry till they are light brown
- Add the chopped tomatoes and salt, mix well
- Close it and cook for 2 min
- Once the tomatoes are mashy, add the Palak leaves mix well.
- Close and cook for 3 min
- Now add the cooked dal, add water if required
- Adjust salt and spicy.
- allow it to boil for 5 min.
Serve hot for chappatis or plain rice. Palak is rich in Iron and dish is easy to cook.