This side dish is very special to me, an excellent receipe I adopted from my Mom.
Green Beans - 200gm
Green Peas - 50gm[Frozen or Fresh] Fresh would give u better taste
Salt - To taste
Oil to fry
Items to be grounded:
Coconut - 4 tsp
Poppy seeds[Khus Khus] - 1/4 tsp
Dried Red chilli - 3 nos
Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Saunf[Sombhu] - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cut Green beans 1 inch size. Wash Green peas.
- Blend all the ingrediants specified under "Items to be grounded" and keep it aside
- Heat around 5 tsp of oil in a pan, once it is hot add the cut green beans and peas together and saute it for sometime around 3 min.
- Add the ground paste to it and salt. Add some water around 50 ml
- allow the ingrediants to fry totally, don't close it at any point
- This has to be very dry, Keep stiring it then and there or else it will burn at the bottom.
- Once the mixture color turns brown and totally dry
- Switch off the heat
Goes well with any rice varieties,Chappatis and Pooris. Just try once and you will love it !!!