- 1kg Maida/All Purpose Flour.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup oil
- Sugar - 1tsp
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup ghee
Method of preparation:
- Knead to a smooth dough by ghee,oil and if required water.
- Keep covered for three hours.
- Pat and knead well again till the dough becomes very smooth and elastic in nature. Make orange sized balls from the dough and roll out in to thin chappathi.
- we can fold the chappathi like saree pleats and then make it into a ball again.
- Spread ½ to 1sp oil on the ball and keep them covered for some time.
- Then pat the ball gently on top and flatten into thick parottas using the hands or roti maker.
- Heat the tawa and cook the parotta on both sides.
- After removing it from the tawa , press and pat on the sides to loosen the layers with a neat white thin towel when it is hot.