- Channa dal - 1/2 cup
- Papad - Roasted [4 nos]
- Potato - 1 no [boiled]
- Onion - 1 [ Finely chopped]
- Garlic - 3 pods [ chopped]
- Tomato - 2 [ Finely chopped]
- Tumeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
- Shredded coconut - 3 tsp
- Saunf - 1 tsp
- Green chillies - 2 nos
- Khus Khus - 1/4 tsp
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Cinnamom stick - 1 inch
- Cloves - 2
- curry leaves - 1/2 string
- Hing - Pinch
- Wash and cook Channa dal, until they are soft and mash it properly keep it aside.
- Mash the boiled potato and keep it aside
- Fresh ground the ingredients specified under[ Fresh Grind:] and keep it aside
- Heat oil in the pan, once the oil is hot add the items under [ Talika / Tadka ] one by one.
- Add chopped onion and garlic and saute them till they are brown
- Now add the chopped tomatoes.
- Add the grounded paste to the tadka with some water and allow it to boil for a while.
- Let it boil till raw smell goes off.
- Break the roasted papads into large pieces and add to the boiling mixture.
- Now add the cooked channa dal to the mixture and boil in medium flame.
- Once everything mixes well
- Add chilli powder and Salt to taste
- Boil it for another 5 mins.
- Serve hot
Can be served with Rasam rice,Curd rice,Puris and Chappati.