Nice fresh cauliflower - 1
Tomato - 3
Big onion - 2 finely chopped
Chilli powder - to taste
Corriander powder - 1/2 tsp
Pinch of tumeric powder
Corriander leaves - 1/2 bunch
Curry leaves - 2 strings
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Ginger - 1 inch
Oil - 3 tsp
Salt to taste
Cream - 1/4 cup
- Clean the cauliflower florets cut them to medium pieces
- Boil water with 1/2 spoon of salt and add these cauliflower florets to the boiling water, let it boil for 5 min. This wil help us to clean the florets and get rid of worms if any.
- Now again boil water, when the water starts boiling add 3 tomatoes slightly strach with knife, before adding them to the water.
- Let it boil for 8 min, drain the water, let the tomatoes cool down.
- In the meantime, chop the corriander leaves, curry leaves, clean the ginger, blend all of them in the mixer to a fine paste and keep it aside.
- Once the tomato cools down, blend them to a fine paste, this is called as "Fresh Tomato Puree"
- Keep 3 tsp of oil in the kadai, add the chopped onion, fry them till brown.
- Now add the corriander paste, cook for 2 min, till the oil separates
- Now add the blended tomato, with 1/4 glass of water, let it come to a boil.
- Now simer the flame, add all the masala powder[chilli,corriander,turmeric and garam masala]
- Cook for 2 min, till the oil separates.
- Finally add the cauliflower florets, add 1/2 cup of water, add required amount of salt.
- Close and cook for 10 min.
- Finally add the fresh cream, you can substitute with yogurt if no cream is available.
- Garnish with fresh corriander leaves.
Serve hot with pooris or chappti. Excellent sidedish, i tried and tasted.